1 Cauliflower head – cut florets from stem
Melted coconut oil – 2 tablespoons
Curry powder – 1 tablespoon
Turmeric – 1 tablespoon
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Cayenne powder – ½ teaspoon
- Turn your oven on and pre-heat to 450 degrees.
- Place the coconut oil in a bowl. Add the cayenne powder, curry powder and turmeric.
- Whisk the mixture until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Add the cauliflower florets into this mixture
- Gently toss until the florets are fully coated with the liquid mixture.
- By this point, your oven should be heated up already.
- Place a baking sheet on your baking tray.
- Evenly spread the coated cauliflower florets in the baking tray.
- Place the baking tray in the oven.
- Let the cauliflower florets bake for around 20 minutes.
- By this time, the florets should turn golden brown.
- Keep an eye to ensure the florets do not over burn as this will affect the taste.
- When the time is up, remove from the oven.
- Serve in a bowl while still hot and sprinkle some cilantro on top of the baked cauliflowers.
- The meal will have a delicious coconut taste.
If you decide to have the same dish but sautéed instead of baked, you need to:
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add the cut florets of the cauliflower into the boiling water.
- Allow for the florets to Blanche for around 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the fire and drain the florets.
- Add the florets to the curry mixture with coconut oil and coat the florets evenly.
- Add these coated florets to a separate skillet and allow to cook on medium heat.
- The cauliflower in curried coconut dish will be ready in less than 10 minutes
- Serve while hot and add a dazzle of fresh cilantro for a great taste.